Friday, October 29, 2010

Map: What's Next for the Westside Subway? - LAist

It blows my mind.
I find it hard to get excited about a train that will take 10 or 15 years MORE to build. I mean if it was going though the alps or under the channel or 300 mph or maybe across the country. But this is going 10 miles or something, doesn't even go all the way to the ocean and a few hundred rich white people are bitching they don't want a tunnel under their precious homes so the rest of us suffer? This from the city that brought you Chives Ravine and the watts and King riots.

Where is our anger at having to sit in traffic for 10 more years, 20 more years? Wasting resources? at a few people making the stations less convenient.

Maybe I will miss LA less than I thought.

Posted via email from 27ray posterous

No comments: