Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Apple tablet concept | 27rayArt

The Apple Tablet

Tomorrow is the day. The day i have personally been waiting for for 10 years. I thought the iPod announcement would be the tablet. It wasn’t but it was also huge and has directly lead to this day. The day before Steve will release the Apple tablet that we will know we have always wanted. Any way i have been thinking about this for a long time and have some thoughts as to what i would like to see.

1. always connected to my data. Not just the sync to my iTunes, and e-mail, i want the table to be a window into my computer from no matter where i am. I want all my music, video etc, and e-mail and all my files.

2. I want it to be my physical interface to my data and my computer. so a super track pad, gestures and data display. Imagine an iPhone hooked up to your computer that lets you type, rotate images with your fingers flick though iPhoto, grab and move elements on a page layout. Instead of having a second display for pallets and tools with keyboard short cuts and such for pro apps how about the tablet becomes this, stitching tools with your fingers and painting with an airbrush coming out of your fingers…

I remember the first time i played with a mac. Mac paint specifically. It was like learning to draw again for the first time, the joy ins being able to make shows and fill them with patterns and edit individual pixels. the guy at the store ran me out after 2 hours. This will be like that. Only better. This will change how EVERYONE accesses digital data from now on, via touch.

oh and i think it will be called the iPad. Now i am on the record. enjoy.



some other interesting links
looks beautiful but seems confusing and obscure.

http://gizmodo.com/5457472/how-the-apple-tablet-interface-could-and-should-work

Why the tablet needs the shape i recommend.

http://gizmodo.com/5455844/tablet-sutra-how-are-we-supposed-to-hold-this-thing?skyline=true&s=i

Saving print media is apples last interest, however it will be useful for them to sell more of their iPads

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/26/technology/26apple.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 26th, 2010 at 12:00 pm and is filed under Art, Observations and tagged with , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Edit this entry.

Posted via web from 27ray posterous

No comments: